ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, MEDIA
At Giant Spoon, we don’t issue RFPs. We encourage our clients to prioritize impact over impressions, and to reimagine what “media” means in a mobile-first video-dominated world. We believe that media partnerships - true partnerships and not just transactions - are both more effective for brands and more interesting for consumers than the one-way legacy approach.
Giant Spoon is looking for an Associate Director of Media, video who can command a team of strategists into a future-proofed media landscape. We are looking for a seasoned, client-facing, articulate leader who possesses the fundamentals of integrated media, with an expertise in TV, OTT, streaming and social video - with the ability to apply that knowledge to an advanced strategic viewpoint. This person should be able to think beyond GRPs and R/F planning to reimagine how we go to market in this landscape. While this role will have dedicated client business, we anticipate this candidate will influence our approach across channels and clients at Giant Spoon.
- Lead management of media programs including but not limited to video (TV, OTT, streaming and social video) strategy and distribution, emerging media (VR, bots), content partnerships and more.
- Develop and implement video buying process that reflects innovation in the Upfront/Scatter market
- Accountable client-facing lead on day-to-day media projects and presentation delivery - commanding presence and confidence a must. Must be looked as our in-house video specialist.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with networks, platforms and other video partners
- Own agency perspective on where/how video strategy fits into larger comms planning approaches
- Stakeholder on TV/video measurement, leading agency POV on new analytics and measurement tools in this space
- Pulse on industry trends and cultural application in video and media, curious about what’s next
- Delegation across team structure to produce angst cl
- Buttoned-up on client’s business documents, workflow and management style
- Expertise in using media planning, reporting and management tools such as Nielsen, Strata, Google Analytics, Omniture, Sizmek, eMarketer for application/analysis.
- Provides clients with proactive intelligence and POVs on shifting video landscape
- 5-7+ years in integrated media planning with strong expertise in TV/video strategy and buying
- Ability toown and articulate strategy, rationale, and ideas
- Experience in presenting and owning conversations with senior clients both directly and as part of inter-agency environment
- Proven track record of applying cultural trends and new media opportunities to client business
- Resourceful, pro-active and buttoned-up management skills; comfortable with delegation
- Experience identifying new media opportunities and turning it into first-mover opportunities
- Digitally connected, passionate about technology and innovation with an insatiable curiosity for how it applies to our industry
- People person, vocal in opinion, articulate with rationale, resourceful and action-oriented
- Must love never-done-before challenges, shifting deadlines and wearing multiple hats.
- Exposure to/participation in industry events includes CES, SXSW, Cannes, etc.
- Drive to breakthrough industry norms and eye for award-winning opportunities
- Expert use of media planning and buying tools (Nielsen, BrandOcean, etc.)
- Open to travel as necessary
SOUND LIKE YOU? EMAIL CAREERS@GIANTSPOON.COM