ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, MEDIA
Giant Spoon is looking for an Associate Director of Media who can command a team of strategists into a future-proofed media landscape. Someone who can demonstrate and lead strategic and creative planning skills through data and cultural driven insights for our clients. We are looking for a client-facing, articulate leader who possesses the fundamentals of integrated media, with an expertise in both traditional and non-traditional media across TV, OTT, streaming and social video - with the ability to apply that knowledge to an advanced strategic viewpoint.
At Giant Spoon, we don’t issue RFPs. We encourage our clients to prioritize impact over impressions, and to reimagine what “media” means in a mobile-first video-dominated world. We believe that media partnerships - true partnerships and not just transactions - are both effective for brands and more interesting for consumers than the one-way legacy approach.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about the details. Qualified candidates take pleasure in getting to “do it all” at Giant Spoon, supporting on projects that blur the lines between media, strategy, intelligence and creative. Candidates are exposed to the best of both worlds, a double-major of sorts: they dream up phenomenally creative ideas, but also gain foundational experience in how the world of media operates. They should be prepared to get their hands dirty in all stages of the process, acting as a utility player to provide support to the broader team.
The Ideal candidate is constantly looking for ways to make operations more efficient, opportunities to improve the model or framework they are working with. Someone that will network with partners far and wide, from corporations to startups. We want go-getters. We want candidates with high expectations for themselves, hungry for the next opportunity to learn and grow.
- Lead management of media programs including but not limited to video (well-versed in all media planning and buying disciplines including TV, OTT, streaming and social video) strategy and distribution, emerging media (VR, bots), content partnerships and more
- Develop and implement video buying process that reflects innovation in the Upfront/Scatter market
- Be the client-facing lead on day-to-day media projects and presentation delivery - commanding presence and confidence a must. Must be looked at as our in-house video center of excellence
- Cultivate and foster strong relationships with networks, platforms and other video partners
- Own agency perspective on where/how video strategy fits into larger comms planning approaches
- Invest time in TV/video measurement, leading agency POV on new analytics and measurement tools in this space
- Have a pulse on industry trends and cultural application in video and media, curious about what’s next
- Manage, maintain and optimize client business workflow, process and deliverables
- Able to own and articulate strategy, rationale and ideas
- Be buttoned-up on client’s business documents, workflow and management style
- Provide clients with proactive intelligence and POVs on shifting media/video/social landscape
- 5-7+ years in integrated media planning with strong expertise in TV/video strategy and buying
- Experience in presenting and owning conversations with senior clients both directly and as part of an inter-agency environment
- Expert in media planning, reporting and management tools such as Nielsen, Strata, Google Analytics, Omniture, Sizmek, eMarketer for application/analysis
- Exposure to/participation in industry events including CES, SXSW, Cannes, etc.
- Track record of applying cultural trends and new media opportunities to client business
- Breakthrough industry norms and eye for award-winning opportunities
- Resourceful, proactive and buttoned-up management skills; comfortable with delegation
- Experience identifying new media opportunities and turning it into first-mover opportunities
- Experience in social media planning, buying (direct and third party) and reporting across multiple platforms
- Digitally connected, passionate about technology and innovation with an insatiable curiosity for how it applies to our industry
- People person, vocal in opinion, articulate with rationale, resourceful and action oriented
- Love never-done-before challenges, shifting deadlines and wearing multiple hats
- Open to travel as necessary
SOUND LIKE YOU? EMAIL CAREERS@GIANTSPOON.COM