Associate creative director (art)
Giant Spoon is looking for a highly skilled Associate Creative Director (Art) to be a creative collaborator who is inspired by culture and the world around them. We need storytellers who appreciate creating work that people want to find, become a part of and ultimately, share. As a maker you will become the voice of the ideas you create and therefore should be able to lead and present work effectively, both internally and externally to clients. We’re looking for someone who can concept high level ideas and direct a team, but also wants to go out there and create.
The ideal candidate is a highly visual individual who understands the fundamentals of design and strives to make beautifully original things. Well versed in conceptual thinking, a Senior Art Director must be able to collaborate with other like minded people to create brand-defining platforms that work in digital and traditional mediums, in addition to experiential, social and long-form film. We’re looking for someone who can not only concept, but able to take on tasks of all sizes.
- Concept and create beautifully designed content from briefs, insights and strategy
- Work closely with the Creative Director, copywriters, designers, and strategists, but will also function independently
- Participate in day-to-day communication with key team members and partners to identify the right times to execute and the right times to delegate
- Effectively lead and present work within agency and in front of clients
- Recommend new formats and tools to leverage in client projects
- Champion the brand with consistency across visual design assets and help develop a unified design brand language as needed
- Craft memorable, storytelling visuals to support new business pitch opportunities as needed
- Make. Cool. Shit.
- 9+ years of visual design and art director experience, plus a bachelor’s or equivalent in related field
- Excellent art directing, writing and design skills, plus an outstanding appreciation for good design
- Well versed in Adobe Creative Suite
- Professional writing skills, ability to construct presentations and deliver notes
- Experience with digital and/or social content production
- Strong organizational abilities, including time and resource management
- Digitally connected, passionate about technology and innovation with an insatiable curiosity for how it applies to our industry
- Acute attention to detail
- Open to travel as necessary
SOUND LIKE YOU? EMAIL CAREERS@GIANTSPOON.COM.