COMMUNITY MANAGER (GAMING)
Giant Spoon is looking for a Community Manager who is passionate about creating social content, engaging with audiences, and delivering innovative social experiences for a PC gaming brand. Someone who eats, sleeps and breathes social media.
At Giant Spoon, social is not just another channel or distribution platform, but a dynamic mix of culture, human behavior, and platform mechanics. Engagement is everything—social isn't an output, rather an input to something bigger. We are audience first, content second. Using a mix of insights and culture, our content is designed to create conversation and allow people to connect with one another through shared interests. We create, learn, and iterate. No platform, strategy, tactic, or format is off limits as long as we're capturing attention, generating conversation, and providing value.
We are looking for individuals who are a PC gamer themselves with the confidence and know-how to build trust and confidence among our PC gaming community. Qualified candidates will play a key role in keeping both the agency and client teams informed of important issues, topics and opportunities to improve. Candidates are data-driven and have experience using social media analytic tools and hardware knowledge to answer questions or validate opportunities to grow, reward and enhance the community.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong appetite for new technology, emerging platforms, social content, gaming, pop culture and everything in between. An insatiable curiosity combined with the ability to translate intelligence and ideas into creative concepts is essential. They will have a strong knowledge of social platforms, digital content development, user experience, mobile and emerging technologies.
- Provide day-to-day community management of social platforms including daily activity moderation across all social properties
- Create social content and solutions across all channels that meet our client’s needs and elevate Giant Spoon’s profile as a valued creative partner
- Oversee and manage editorial content calendar
- Publish all content to social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- On and off channel monitoring: Listen, respond, ask questions, and engage with social communities through language that meets brand tone and voice
- Seek and collect audience feedback metrics and data to improve messaging and community strategy
- Bring the social audience perspective into brainstorming sessions for larger campaign ideation
- Contribute to the creation of analytic reports on audience growth, best-performing tactics and key conversational threads with the aim of improving strategy and brand positioning
- Execute real time social coverage of events as needed
- Collaborate with team members and client to ensure best practices are being employed for optimal engagement and fan growth
- Attend multiple gaming conventions and manage social channels on the ground from the brand’s booth, interviewing attendees from the gaming community and capturing stories ready to be posted on social channel
- Stay curious and up to date with the latest cultural trends, social tactics, platform changes, and industry news
- Proactively bring forward new opportunities to take advantage of new technologies, launches, pop culture and current events in real-time
- 1-2 years social marketing experience in a client service digital media role with 1 year specifically in social media marketing
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Exceptional writing, storytelling, copy-editing and proofreading skills
- Strong-to-expert knowledge of all social platforms and online marketing
- Excellent knowledge of the PC and video game industries and communities
- Outgoing personality that can engage with fans online and in-person at key gaming events
- Experience with community management across multiple social platforms, supporting advanced social campaigns with solid experience using analytics and reporting tools
- Practical knowledge of developing editorial and content calendars, community management guidelines and protocol for customer care
- Knowledge of Sprinklr enterprise social software a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps Suite
- Ability to work under deadlines and stay focused simultaneously on the big picture and smallest details
- Strong organizational abilities, including time and resource management
- Open to travel as necessary
SOUND LIKE YOU? EMAIL CAREERS@GIANTSPOON.COM