Giant Spoon is a modern full-service agency. One that puts strategy first. Strategy based on a unique obsession with culture designed to leverage media, technology and creativity to solve business problems.
Who We Want
Entrepreneurs. Dreamers. Thinkers. Challengers. Doers. Creators. Builders. Innovators. Disruptors.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong appetite for new technology, emerging platforms, pop culture, and everything in between. Qualified candidates will be able to effectively translate marketing objectives insights, and strategies into innovative and interactive content solutions. While working within the content disciple, candidates must also display an aptitude for the entire marketing ecosystem (e.g. brand planning, media planning, social, creative, etc.). Responsibilities include the translation of marketing briefs, insights, and strategies into innovative digital, social and interactive ideas. Our product is our people and we want our clients to demand that Giant Spoon employees are in every key marketing meeting. We make ourselves essential through deep knowledge of the consumer, technology, and culture.
Giant Spoon is looking for a Content Strategist who will be responsible for formulating and advising approach and executing content production for a retail client. The Content Strategist will work with the team’s content lead and extended team including brand strategists, media strategists and creatives to ensure that the content is aligned with our overall marketing efforts. We are looking for individuals who possess a creative and entrepreneurial drive, and are excited to create intrinsically smart work in a fast paced environment.
- Understand all phases of content creation, from research and strategic planning to creation and production, ongoing maintenance, and optimization to channel programming and analysis, ensuring all content achieves measurable business objectives
- Work with clients and internal team to identify brand and campaign objectives and goals while establishing specific KPIs for content and engagement across all media platforms
- Create clear, concise and compelling work that is both internal and client-facing such as presentations, POVs, and other deliverables as necessary
- Collaborate with creative, strategy and media team members during brainstorms to ensure content ideas are on strategy
- Develop client-facing campaign content strategy decks and wrap up reports
- Identify and execute authentic opportunities for influencer content and campaigns including strategy creation, industry research, internal vetting, contracting and negotiations, asset development, project management, and reporting.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with appropriate partner publishers
- Manage workflow and process with the development of content with publishing partners, internal creative teams, and client
- Recommend tent pole cultural moments for brand to engage
- Understand social listening services and basic research techniques to support development and execution of pitch decks, strategy, content and campaign wrap-up reports
- Stay up-to-date and maintain fluency with the latest cultural trends, social tactics, platform changes, and industry news
- 3-5 years in content strategy and production or social media strategy with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Understands how to craft a compelling narrative across different channels - know how to match the message to the medium
- Strong understanding of comms planning and how to effectively distribute content across both client owned and partner channels
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience working on small to large brands, experiential programs and content creation
- Experience in both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Experience in social media listening and measuring the success of content
- Strong understanding of the cultural trends shaping consumer behavior today and in the future
- Digitally connected and passionate about technology and innovation with an insatiable curiosity for how it applies to our industry
- Ability to work under deadlines and stay focused simultaneously on the big picture and smallest details
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills
- Open to travel as necessary
SOUND LIKE YOU? EMAIL CAREERS@GIANTSPOON.COM.