Responsibility #1: Make. Cool. Shit.
Who are you?
A creative collaborator who is inspired by culture and the world around you. A storyteller who creates work that people want to find, become a part of, and ultimately, share. As a leader, you are the voice of the team and are able to present work effectively internally and externally.
You are a maker and have a need to go out there and create things yourself - picking up a camera, flying a drone, whipping up headlines, tackling other creative endeavors. You concept and execute on your own ideas, but are willing and able to take on tasks of all sizes in order to move others’ ideas forward. And ultimately make everything greater than how you found it.
You understand the narrative of brands and the conversations that occur around them. You collaborate with like-minded people within all disciplines and locations, including our Creative Director in LA, to create brand-defining platforms that work in digital and traditional mediums, and that can scale to experiential, social, and long-form film.
You keep a eye on emerging formats and tools to leverage for creative projects; champion brands with consistency across executions; help develop a unified design brand language for clients; and craft memorable stories and ideas to contribute to new business efforts.
And we know you have other skills - building balsa wood houses? Tap dancing? Kayak repair services?
- Concept and write beautifully designed content from briefs, insights and strategy.
- Lead the creative team in NY providing guidance to junior teams on projects and executions.
- Act as a mentor to creative team to help grow talent within the agency.
- Participate in day-to-day communication with key team members and partners to identify the right times to execute and the right times to delegate.
- Effectively lead and present work within agency and in front of clients
- Work with creative resource manager to assign projects and request freelance resources as needed.
- Work with creative resource manager and key stakeholders to identify holes in the creative department and fill them with the right candidates.
- 8 + years of agency or related experience.
- Proven ability to lead teams through creative development process and production.
- Excellent writing skills, proven strength in speech, plus a appreciation for design and it's symbiotic relationship to copy
- Experience with digital and/or social content production
- Digitally connected, passionate about technology and innovation with an insatiable curiosity for how it applies to our industry
- Acute attention to detail
- Open to travel as necessary
- You are a genuinely nice person
SOUND LIKE YOU? EMAIL CAREERS@GIANTSPOON.COM.