DIRECTOR, BRAND STRATEGY
At Giant Spoon, our brand strategists are a collective of insatiably curious minds that observe, dissect, and inform the agency by moving at the speed of culture in real-time, instead of waiting for year end trend reports. We focus on the inner dynamics of culture and its constant shifts, because we believe that only then we resonate and genuinely integrate with our audience. From the enlightening high-culture of Ira Glass to the cringe worthy pop-culture of Chris Harrison, our cultural immersion has no limit.
Giant Spoon is looking for a Director of Brand Strategy who will be responsible for delivering key insights that drive strategic campaign direction across all accounts. We are looking for individuals who have a creative and entrepreneurial drive and are excited to work in a fast paced environment while thinking quickly on their feet. Qualified candidates will be able to effectively lead, develop, and grow the practice. The ideal director has a solid brand strategy background with experience in communications strategy and media planning.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for the brand strategy team and for the agency overall
- Partner with senior client marketing teams to deliver forward-thinking POV, intelligence and strategic direction
- Aid in the development of breakthrough ideas designed to create measurable buzz and awareness
- Bring forward opportunistic ideas proactively to take advantage of new technologies, launches, pop-culture and current events in real-time
- Ability to read and interpret data and translate it into actionable insights
- Go above and beyond simply making recommendations. The candidate’s duties will be taken to the next level to play an active role in the implementation and management of our idea-centric strategy
- 8+ years in brand strategy/account planning with excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Experience and interest in both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Experience working on large brands in which brand strategy is the starting point for eventually executing everything from experiential programs to content creation
- Wealth of understanding to learn more of the trends shaping consumer behavior today and in the future
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills
- Open to travel as necessary
- Digitally connected, passionate about technology and innovation with an insatiable curiosity for how it applies to our industry
- People person, vocal in opinion, articulate with rationale, resourceful and action-oriented
- Must love never-done-before challenges, shifting deadlines and wearing multiple hats
- Exposure to/participation in industry events includes CES, SXSW, Cannes, etc.
- Drive to break through industry norms and eye for award-winning opportunities
SOUND LIKE YOU? EMAIL CAREERS@GIANTSPOON.COM.