Giant Spoon is looking for a Director of Strategy to serve as a strategic leader across multiple projects, develop and lead creative briefings, and mentor a team of strategists. This person must gain a deep understanding of clients’ businesses and key challenges and work closely with internal and external teams to recommend insights, opportunities and creative strategies.
At Giant Spoon, each project is led by audience insights and strategy. We focus on the inner dynamics of an audience’s culture, because we believe that only then can brands break through category conventions in a way that is meaningful to our audiences. From the enlightening high-culture of Ira Glass to the cringe-worthy pop culture of Chris Harrison, our cultural immersion has no limit. In the same breath, we also believe that strategy should serve execution. If we cannot articulate how a strategy will come to life, it is likely not the best strategy.
We are looking for individuals with a creative and entrepreneurial drive, and are excited to work in a fast-paced environment while thinking quickly on their feet. Qualified candidates will be able to effectively assist on multiple projects at a time. This person will also be responsible for not only translating audience insights and marketing objectives into campaign strategies, but will also be tasked with proficiently working on campaigns throughout all phases of a project—from consumer understanding and strategic planning to idea development and execution. Moreover, this person will be looked at to grow the strategy team in these ways and also push the boundaries of what we create and how.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong appetite for information whether about a subculture of people, new technology, emerging platforms, social content, pop culture or everything in between. They should demonstrate a strong ability to observe and interpret information in order to uncover and clearly communicate actionable insights that create value for our clients.
- Guide insights and unique strategic thinking to meet brand needs efficiently
- Develop brand briefs to inspire audience-led, idea-centric strategies
- Aid in the development of creative ideas designed to create measurable buzz and awareness
- Provide leadership and guidance for other team members on branding initiatives
- Manage projects that span multiple departments and accounts
- 8+ years agency experience in account planning or brand strategy
- Ability to develop creative ideas with a team of multi-disciplinary team members
- Experience working in traditional and new media spaces
- Experience working on large business-to-business brands a plus
- Wealth of understanding in qual and quant research and an insatiable desire to find the story in both
- Strong understanding of the trends shaping consumer behavior today and in the future
- Ability to work under deadlines and stay focused simultaneously on the big picture and smallest details
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, presentation, and project management skills
- Digitally connected, passionate about technology and innovation with an insatiable curiosity for how it applies to our industry
- Acute attention to detail
- Open to travel as necessary
SOUND LIKE YOU? EMAIL CAREERS@GIANTSPOON.COM.