Giant Spoon is looking for an Experiential Designer to be a creative collaborator who is inspired by the things around them, those they love and those they want to make better. They know how to translate a concept into a three dimensional space and know how to develop all aspects of the design including high quality 3D renderings, illustrations and graphics. The ideal candidate is obsessed with design and aesthetic and know how to make that a memorable and immersive experience. This Experiential Designer knows how to run their team and work with the client, while working collaboratively with strategists to develop a concept and story.
We need storytellers who appreciate creating work that people want to find, become a part of and ultimately, share. As a maker you will become the voice of the ideas you create and therefore should be able to lead and present work effectively, both internally and externally. We’re looking for someone who can concept high level ideas and be part of a team, but also wants to go out there and create. Whether that means picking up a camera, flying a drone, whipping up some graphics or anything else that might come along.
- Ability to lead design of a project from concept to completion.
- Developed understanding of a three dimensional space and construction.
- Ability to multitask, work on multiple projects, and meet client deadlines in a fast-paced creative environment.
- Overseeing external vendors such as graphic/print vendors, fabricators, and construction companies
- Overseeing install and giving design direction during load-in.
- Having a cooperative and collaborative attitude. Flexibility to be hands on and assisting in a variety of tasks, when needed. Maintaining composure during high stress situations.
- Working closely with the internal team to develop the aesthetic, design the space, and determine feasibility.
- Communicating designs clearly and effectively to a client through verbal and visual means. Either meeting or exceeding their creative objectives and expectations.
- Overtime and travel is required and expected, if needed to complete a project or meet a deadline.
- BA / BS degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or Industrial Design
- 3 – 5 years of experience at a production agency, interior design firm, or architecture firm.
- Proficiency in graphic design and spatial design.
- Proficiency in Sketchup and architectural rendering.
- Knowledge of a variety of 3D modeling and rendering software such as, but not limited to – Rhino, Grasshopper, Maya, Autocad, 3DS Max, Vray
- Knowledge of building standards and interior design standards.
- Experience in construction documentation and construction administration.
- Experience working on an experiential production from concept through installation.
- Experience in FF&E and retail is a plus.
- Experience working with an architectural visualizer is a plus.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented.
- Quick learner and the ability to pick up new software.
SOUND LIKE YOU? EMAIL CAREERS@GIANTSPOON.COM.