FREELANCE EXPERIENTIAL PRODUCER
Giant Spoon is looking for Experiential Producers lead and manage large and complex projects, teams and clients.
The idea candidate is decisive, assertive, strategic and politically aware in their decision making. Strong leadership, project management, communication skills, and attention to detail are central to this position. This person must be organized, solution-oriented, and able to stay calm under pressure. We are looking for individuals that have a knack for seeing the big picture, yet the ability to execute down to the smallest of details. Someone who is efficient and always striving to streamline the process and best utilize every member of the team.
- Lead and execute large-scale experiential activations and events across the country
- Strategically structure and manage project teams of all sizes including 2D and 3D designers, technical designers, and layered production teams
- Collaborate closely with Client and Strategy team throughout the process. Manage client expectations and help to clearly educate and present production elements as needed.
- Lead with clear and consistent communication internally as well as with vendors and clients
- Build and manage budgets of all sizes, ensuring projects come in on budget and on spec
- Play a large role in the conceptual, creative and strategic development of projects
- Collaborate closely with the design team throughout creative development, budgeting, feasibility vetting and build phases of a project
- Source and manage vendors ranging from custom fabrication shops, audio/visual vendors, technical solutions, venues, staffing agencies, etc.
- Manage all permitting and production logistics
- Work with Director of Production to grow departmental vendor and freelance talent relationships
- 5 or more years of experience in events/live production; agency experience preferred
- In-office and onsite event management experience
- A wealth of knowledge in budgeting and in finding custom solutions to creative, complex experiential event experiences
- Pro-actively anticipating problems and creating solutions
- Experience working with technical vendors, fabricators, specialists and artists throughout the country
- Adept at ensuring a project stays on strategy and hits the client’s KPIs
- Ability to interface with all levels of management, clients, and colleagues with ease and confidence
- Inherent desire to learn more about production
- Passionate, positive, and solution-oriented
- Strong organization, interpersonal and project management skills
- Open to travel, extended hours and weekend work as necessary
SOUND LIKE YOU? EMAIL CAREERS@GIANTSPOON.COM.