JUNIOR SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGIST
Giant Spoon is a marketing innovation consultancy that thinks in culture and marketing platforms, not media plans. Media no longer has any boundaries; it is simply any connection between a consumer and a brand. With an Idea-Centric approach to marketing, the idea — amplified through cultural trends, content partnerships, emerging technology, and media channels — is the strategy. It drives the campaign and inspires custom experiences.
Who We Want
Entrepreneurs. Dreamers. Thinkers. Challengers. Doers. Creators. Builders. Innovators. Disruptors.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong appetite for new technology, emerging platforms, pop culture, and everything in between. An insatiable curiosity combined with the ability to translate intelligence and ideas is essential. Our product is people and we want our clients to demand that Giant Spoon employees are in every key marketing meeting. We make ourselves essential through deep knowledge of the consumer, technology, and culture.
This candidate will be responsible for advising as well as formulating social media strategies in order to help launch our clients’ products and services, while also collaborating with our clients’ advertising, public relations, and product teams.
Giant Spoon is looking for a Jr. Social Media Strategist to join our team to help develop strategy and content for a gaming client. The Jr. Social Media Strategist will work with the social lead to help advise our clients on overall social approach and behavior while also helping to develop and execute campaigns, content, and experiences. We are looking for individuals who have a creative and entrepreneurial drive, are excited to work in a fast paced environment, and love gaming. Qualified candidates will be able to effectively assist on multiple social and gaming projects and will be responsible for not only translating marketing objectives into engaging social content, but will also be tasked with proficiently managing campaigns throughout all phases of the project — from audience insights to idea development and execution. While working within the social media discipline, candidates must also display an aptitude for the entire marketing ecosystem (e.g., brand planning, media planning, creative, etc.).
- Gaming-focused social content ideation and copywriting for “Always On” social content.
- Work with the community management team to identify and capitalize on cultural moments through content.
- Work with the social team to on an ongoing basis to help contribute strategies for social content, influencer activations, and gaming events.
- Develop best practices to advise and educate clients on how to behave as a brand in social spaces.
- Utilize social listening software to generate insights to be used in client pitches, strategy decks, and performance reports.
- Help generate monthly social metrics reports across all owned content.
- Deploy social media programs and technology to create social campaigns in support of product, brand and marketing initiatives.
- Stay up-to-date on social media tools, platforms, and industry trends
- Benchmark and research competitors and industry leaders in social media
- 1-3 years social marketing experience with excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Understanding around paid social media and key platforms including Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, YouTube, and Discord.
- Experience using Keynote/Powerpoint and generating strategy and reporting decks.
- Experience working on gaming brands, gaming programs and events, and content creation is preferred.
- Wealth of understanding and curiosity to learn more of the trends shaping consumer behavior today and in the future.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills
- Open to travel as necessary
- Digitally connected and curious
SOUND LIKE YOU? EMAIL CAREERS@GIANTSPOON.COM.