Giant Spoon is looking for a Junior Strategist who is able to assist with delivering key insights that drive strategic campaign direction for our accounts.
At Giant Spoon, each project is led by audience insights and strategy. We focus on the inner dynamics of an audience’s culture, because we believe that only then can brands break through category conventions in a way that is meaningful to our audiences. From the enlightening high-culture of Ira Glass to the cringe-worthy pop culture of Chris Harrison, our cultural immersion has no limit. In the same breath, we also believe that strategy should serve execution. If we cannot articulate how a strategy will come to life, it is likely not the best strategy.
We are looking for individuals with a creative and entrepreneurial drive, and are excited to work in a fast-paced environment while thinking quickly on their feet. Qualified candidates will be able to effectively assist on multiple projects at a time. This person will also be responsible for not only translating audience insights and marketing objectives into campaign strategies, but will also be tasked with proficiently working on campaigns throughout all phases of a project—from consumer understanding and strategic planning to idea development and execution.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong appetite for information whether about a subculture of people, new technology, emerging platforms, social content, pop culture or everything in between. They should demonstrate an eagerness and ability to observe and interpret information in order to uncover and clearly communicate actionable insights that create value for our clients.
- Develop brand briefs to inspire audience-led, idea-centric strategies
- Collaborate with team members during various phases of a project
- Support account lead and wider team to define and meet client expectations for project deliverables
- Bring forward opportunistic ideas proactively to take advantage of new technologies, launches, pop-culture and current events in real-time
- Help create and share audience intelligence and trends reports
- Stay curious and up-to-date with the latest cultural trends, strategy tactics and industry news
- 1-3 years brand strategy/account planning with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Experience and interest in both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Experience working on entertainment brands, experiential programs and content creation is preferred
- Wealth of understanding to learn more about the trends shaping consumer behavior today and in the future
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and project management skills
- Digitally connected, passionate about technology and innovation with an insatiable curiosity for how it applies to our industry
- Open to travel as necessary
- Keynote and Powerpoint proficiency is a must
SOUND LIKE YOU? EMAIL CAREERS@GIANTSPOON.COM.