At Giant Spoon, we don’t issue RFPs. We encourage our clients to prioritize impact over impressions, and to reimagine what “media” means in a mobile-first video-dominated world. We believe that media partnerships - true partnerships and not just transactions - are both more effective for brands and more interesting for consumers than the one-way legacy approach.
Giant Spoon is looking for an Media Analyst who loves to tell a good story. Media Analysts take pride in their ability to distill the complex and hard-to-understand into actionable insights. They are able to extract meaningful learnings from the noise, but will also go out of their way to seek answers that are not immediately obvious. They find themselves doing more with less without losing sight of the client’s business objectives - geeking out on data throughout, while getting others excited in the process. An ideal analyst believes that the story often lies between the lines - that analysis is a combination of qualitative and quantitative, art and science. We believe that creating new ways to evaluate metrics - or inventing new metrics altogether - is better than working with the status quo.
The Media Analyst should have a strong understanding of digital and have experience working with media teams, directly with partners and with clients on projects ranging from audience planning, trend analysis, competitive, social and post-execution wrap-ups. They are able to navigate a range of analytical tools and aren’t afraid to implement new ideas or layer in qualitative insights. A Media analyst is skeptical by nature and isn’t afraid to interrogate data. They will also put in the time to qualify, validate and Q/A the work behind every conclusion.
- Design and execute measurement strategies for media programs, including but not limited to content partnerships, video (TV, digital, video, OTT), emerging media (VR, bots) social and more
- Develop visual reports and articulate insights directly to strategy and client teams
- Knowledge and experience with business intelligence and social listening tools such as Crimson Hexagon, Sysomos, Mintel and Iconoculture
- People person, vocal in opinion, articulate with rationale, resourceful and action-oriented
- Must love never-been-measured before challenges, shifting deadlines and setting high bars of achieve achievement
- Contribute to team brainstorms and provide news stories for weekly intelligence wrap-ups
- 3-4 years in media analytics with excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Expertise in using media planning, reporting and management tools such as Nielson, Strata, Omniture, Google Analytics, Sizmek, eMarketer for application/analysis Extremely detailed oriented
- Experience with market research, communication planning tools and business intelligence tools
- Talent for researching trends shaping consumer behavior today and in the future
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills
- Open to travel as necessary
- Digitally connected with an insatiable curiosity
SOUND LIKE YOU? EMAIL CAREERS@GIANTSPOON.COM