At Giant Spoon, we don’t issue RFPs. We encourage our clients to prioritize impact over impressions, and to reimagine what “media” means in a mobile-first video-dominated world. We believe that media partnerships - true partnerships and not just transactions - are both more effective for brands and more interesting for consumers than the one-way legacy approach.
Giant Spoon is looking for a Media Coordinator who is passionate about the details. Media Coordinators take pleasure in getting to ‘do it all’ at Giant Spoon, supporting on projects that blur the lines between media, strategy, intelligence and creative. Media Coordinators are exposed to the best of both worlds, a double-major of sorts: they dream up phenomenally creative ideas, but also gain foundational experience in the how the world of media operates. They should be prepared to get their hands dirty in all stages of the process, acting as a utility player to provide support to the team.
The ideal candidate must be extremely organized, pay close attention to detail, and have excellent project management skills. Ideal candidates are constantly looking for ways to make operations more efficient, opportunities to improve the model or framework they are working with.
We want someone that will network with partners far and wide, from corporations to startups. We want go-getters. We want candidates with high expectations for themselves, hungry for the next opportunity to learn and grow.
Candidates should have internship experience with digital and social platforms. An educational focus on marketing and advertising is preferred, but not required.
- Assisting media planning and buying across display, video, mobile and social channels
- Develop recommendations to align audiences with programming - from TV shows to magazines to social media pages to influencers
- Manage day-to-day communication with key partners: publishers, partner agencies, clients, strategic partners, etc.
- Reporting on media performance and making strategic recommendations, analyzing delivery metrics for optimizations
- Monitor trends, tools, opportunities and applications in paid media environments, and appropriately apply that knowledge
- Contribute to team brainstorms and provide news stories for weekly intelligence wrap-ups
- Effective in hitting deadlines and finding ways to streamline process
- Create post launch presentations including screenshots, links and placement information to demonstrate proof of execution for clients
- Bachelor’s degree or above with interesting internship or work history, experience in media, marketing or advertising is a plus
- Experience with all social media channels
- Attention to detail
- Professional writing skills, ability to construct a well-written email
- Experience with budget, billing and invoicing is a plus
- Pays very close attention to the details
- Inherent desire to learn more of the trends shaping consumer behavior
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills
- Digitally connected with an insatiable curiosity
- Strong attention to detail…which if you have, you’ll have noticed this is the third time we mention it
SOUND LIKE YOU? EMAIL CAREERS@GIANTSPOON.COM