Giant Spoon is looking for a Media Coordinator that can assist with strategic and creative planning skills through data and cultural driven insights for our clients.
At Giant Spoon, we don’t issue RFPs. We encourage our clients to prioritize impact over impressions, and to reimagine what “media” means in a mobile-first video-dominated world. We believe that media partnerships - true partnerships and not just transactions - are both effective for brands and more interesting for consumers than the one-way legacy approach.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about the details. Qualified candidates take pleasure in getting to “do it all” at Giant Spoon, supporting on projects that blur the lines between media, strategy, intelligence and creative. Candidates are exposed to the best of both worlds, a double-major of sorts: they dream up phenomenally creative ideas, but also gain foundational experience in how the world of media operates. They should be prepared to get their hands dirty in all stages of the process, acting as a utility player to provide support to the broader team.
The Ideal candidate is constantly looking for ways to make operations more efficient, opportunities to improve the model or framework they are working with. Someone that will network with partners far and wide, from corporations to startups. We want go-getters. We want candidates with high expectations for themselves, hungry for the next opportunity to learn and grow.
Candidates should have internship experience with digital and social platforms. An educational focus on marketing and advertising is preferred, but not required.
- Assist with media planning and buying across display, video, mobile and social channels
- Develop recommendations to align audiences with programming - from TV shows to magazines to social media pages to influencers
- Manage day-to-day communication with key partners: publishers, partner agencies, clients, strategic partners, etc.
- Report on media performance and make strategic recommendations, analyze delivery metrics for optimizations
- Monitor trends, tools, opportunities and applications in paid media environments, and appropriately apply that knowledge
- Contribute to team brainstorms and provide news stories for weekly intelligence wrap-ups
- Effective in hitting deadlines and finding ways to streamline process
- Create post launch presentations including screenshots, links and placement information to demonstrate proof of execution for clients
- Bachelor’s degree or above with interesting internship or work history, experience in media, marketing or advertising is a plus
- Experience with all social media channels
- Professional writing skills, ability to construct a well-written email
- Experience with budget, billing and invoicing is a plus
- Pays very close attention to the details
- Inherent desire to learn more of the trends shaping consumer behavior
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and project management skills
- Digitally connected with an insatiable curiosity
- Acute attention to detail -- Which, if you have, you’ll have noticed we’ve mentioned it several times
SOUND LIKE YOU? EMAIL CAREERS@GIANTSPOON.COM.