MOTION GRAPHICS DESIGNER
At Giant Spoon there are no boundaries on creativity. Anything you can dream of we have the ability to pitch and create. Ideas of all sizes, from long form films, to VR, to memes, to experiences. Content is a loose term; for us it just means things that are strategically designed but aren't purely ads. On behalf of our clients, we act like a multimedia publisher that uses a mix of culture and audience insights to create things. The handcuffs are off.
Giant Spoon is looking for a highly-skilled Motion Graphics Designer to join our team in designing and executing social and branded content and campaigns across a variety of clients. We are looking for individuals with creative and entrepreneurial drive that have a deep understanding of culture, platforms, tactics, graphic design, video production, motion graphics, and animation.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong appetite for new technology, emerging platforms, social content, pop culture, and everything in between. An insatiable curiosity combined with the ability to translate intelligence and ideas into creative concepts is essential.
Working closely under the direction of the Senior Art Director, the motion graphics designer will be responsible for turning concepts into content of any and all forms - social posts, branded video content, VR, Live, 360 video, podcasts, commercials etc. The role will include setting the master look and feel for content, designing and editing concepts and final assets, and working closely with team members to make sure content is delivered on schedule and within budget.
The ideal candidate should have substantial design and motion graphics experience, can work closely with art directors, producers and strategists but can also function independently, is great at handling feedback, and constantly is looking to learn emerging formats and techniques.
- Concept + create beautifully designed content from briefs, insights and strategy
- Work with art director to guide design projects from kickoff to completion
- Design and animate broadcast quality motion graphics scenes in After Effects for online video and social content
- Crafting memorable, storytelling visuals to support new business pitch opportunities
- Recommend new formats, and tools to leverage in client projects
- Stay up-to-date on design tools and industry trends
- Impart creative learnings and experience to our team and clients
- Understand, embrace, and communicate the Giant Spoon way
- Bachelor's degree in Design
- 4+ years experience in broadcast quality after effects motion graphics animation
- Experience designing style-frames and storyboards for motion graphics
- Experience leading design projects from start to completion
- Must be proficient in After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Ready to learn new tools, plugins and software as needed to create high quality motion graphics for clients
- Self motivated with a versatile skill set, ready to take on responsibilities and lead all design aspects of projects
- Comfortable interfacing with clients and other team members
- Ability to work under deadlines and stay focused simultaneously on the big picture and the smallest details
- Strong organizational abilities, including time and resource management
- Open to travel as necessary
- Job applications without a portfolio will not be considered
SOUND LIKE YOU? EMAIL CAREERS@GIANTSPOON.COM.