SENIOR ART DIRECTOR
At Giant Spoon there are no boundaries on creativity. Anything you can dream of we have the ability to pitch and create. Ideas of all sizes, from long form films, to VR, to memes, to experiences. Content is a loose term; for us it just means things that are strategically designed but aren't purely ads. On behalf of our clients, we act like a multimedia publisher that uses a mix of culture and audience insights to create things. The handcuffs are off.
Giant Spoon is looking for a highly-skilled Senior Art Director to join our team in designing and executing social and branded content and campaigns across a variety of clients. We are looking for individuals with creative and entrepreneurial drive that have a deep understanding of culture, platforms, tactics, graphic design, and video production..
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong appetite for new technology, emerging platforms, social content, pop culture, and everything in between. An insatiable curiosity combined with the ability to translate intelligence and ideas into creative concepts is essential.
Working closely with the Social and Media Strategists, the Senior Art Director will be responsible for turning concepts into content of any and all forms - social posts, branded video content, VR, Live, 360 video, podcasts, commercials etc. The role will include setting the master look and feel for content, designing and editing concepts and final assets, briefing and managing designers/videographers, and working closely with team members to make sure content is delivered on schedule.
The ideal candidate should have substantial concepting, video, and photography experience, can work closely with copywriters and strategists but can also function independently, is great at handling feedback, and constantly is looking to learn emerging formats and techniques.
- Concept + create beautifully designed content from briefs, insights and strategy
- Work with designers to guide design projects from kickoff to completion, identifying the right times to execute and the right times to delegate
- Able to hire and oversee freelance designers and support teams
- Crafting memorable, storytelling visuals to support new business pitch opportunities
- Recommend new formats, and tools to leverage in client projects
- Stay up-to-date on design tools and industry trends
- Impart creative learnings and experience to our team and clients
- Understand, embrace, and communicate the Giant Spoon way
- 5+ years experience in a creative leadership role (at least 2+ years digital agency environment)
- Currently in an Art Direction role
- Excellent art directing, writing, and design skills
- Mastery of the Adobe suite
- Deep experience with video production, photography, and new social platforms
- Comfortable interfacing with clients and other team members
- A strong understanding of the trends shaping consumer behavior today and in the future
- Ability to work under deadlines and stay focused simultaneously on the big picture and the smallest details
- Strong organizational abilities, including time and resource management
- Open to travel as necessary
SOUND LIKE YOU? EMAIL CAREERS@GIANTSPOON.COM.