SENIOR MEDIA STRATEGIST
At Giant Spoon, we don’t issue RFPs. We encourage our clients to prioritize impact over impressions, and to reimagine what “media” means in a mobile-first video-dominated world. We believe that media partnerships - true partnerships and not just transactions - are both more effective for brands and more interesting for consumers than the one-way legacy approach.
Giant Spoon is looking for an Senior Media Strategist who can lead a team of Strategists and push the boundaries of media into creative content development and partnerships. We are looking for client-facing, articulate leader who possesses the fundamentals of integrated media. This person should be able to think beyond GRPs and R/F planning to reimagine how we go to market in this landscape. Senior Media Strategists have a constant eye for potential partnerships, have a finger on the pulse of the internet, and are constantly consuming media of all formats. They have a great habit of asking questions, and are consistently able to translate the “what” into the “so what” for colleagues and clients.
- Lead management of media programs including but not limited to video (TV, OTT, streaming and social video) strategy and distribution, emerging media (VR, bots), content partnerships and more
- Own client relationships, while cultivating a strong workflow and management style
- Pulse on industry trends and cultural application in video and media, curious about what’s next
- Expertise in using media planning, reporting and management tools such as Nielsen, Strata, Google Analytics, Omniture, Sizmek, eMarketer for application/analysis.
- Frame tactical media plans in Powerpoint and Keynote, translating thinking from brainstorms and agency meetings into client-ready presentations
- Lead strategic conversations with media partners of all types, maintain relationships with key publishers to ensure our clients gain access to first look opportunities
- Monitor trends, tools, opportunities and applications in paid media environments, and appropriately apply that knowledge
- Develop and present media specific documents including publisher briefings, media plans, media program presentations - articulating objectives, strategies and partnerships details
- Effective in hitting deadlines and finding ways to streamline process - task-mastering a must!
- Report on campaign performance with the ability to distill and curate insights and findings
- 4+ years in integrated media planning with strong expertise in TV/video strategy and buying
- Ability to own and articulate strategy, rationale, and ideas
- Experience in presenting and owning conversations with clients both directly and as part of inter-agency environment
- Proven track record of applying cultural trends and new media opportunities to client business
- Resourceful, pro-active and buttoned-up management skills; comfortable with delegation
- Experience identifying new media opportunities and turning it into first-mover opportunities
- Digitally connected, passionate about technology and innovation with an insatiable curiosity for how it applies to our industry
- People person, vocal in opinion, articulate with rationale, resourceful and action-oriented
- Must love never-done-before challenges, shifting deadlines and wearing multiple hats.
- Exposure to/participation in industry events includes CES, SXSW, Cannes, etc.
- Drive to breakthrough industry norms and eye for award-winning opportunities
- Expert use of media planning and buying tools (Nielsen, BrandOcean, etc.)
- Open to travel as necessary
SOUND LIKE YOU? EMAIL CAREERS@GIANTSPOON.COM