SENIOR SOCIAL STRATEGIST
At Giant Spoon, social is not just another channel or distribution platform, but a dynamic mix of culture, human behavior, and platform mechanics. Engagement is everything - social isn't an output, rather an input to something bigger. We are audience first, content second. Using a mix of insights and culture, our content is designed to create conversation and allow people to connect with one another through shared interests. We create, learn, and iterate. No platform, strategy, tactic, or format is off limits as long as we're capturing attention, generating conversation, and providing value.
Giant Spoon is looking for a Senior Social Strategist to advise our clients on overall social approach and behavior while also developing and executing innovative content and social campaigns.
We are looking for individuals with a creative and entrepreneurial drive and are excited to work in a fast-paced environment while thinking quickly on their feet. Qualified candidates will be able to effectively translate marketing objectives into strategic social campaigns and online content. While working within the social media discipline, candidates must also display an aptitude for the entire marketing ecosystem (e.g., brand planning, media planning, creative, etc.). Responsibilities include the translation of marketing briefs, insights, and strategies into innovative digital, social and interactive solutions, presenting agency work, and effectively implementing feedback.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong appetite for new technology, emerging platforms, social content, gaming, pop culture, and everything in between. An insatiable curiosity combined with the ability to translate intelligence and ideas into creative concepts is essential. They will have strong knowledge of social platforms, digital content development, user experience, mobile, and emerging technologies. He or she must live, think, and work in the digital world.
- Lead client strategy, ideation, and development of social content across all channels
- Provide day-to-day supervision and execution of client campaigns including (and not limited to) social strategy, content ideation, content production, publishing, and reporting
- Have a solid understanding of client objectives and establish client-specific KPIs for content, engagement, and campaigns across all major social platforms
- Collaborate with creative team members during social strategy and content ideation brainstorms to ensure content is on strategy and within Giant Spoon best practices
- Work closely with social media team to ensure editorial calendars, content, reports, and campaigns are on-strategy, on-time and on-target
- Manage and continually update social guidelines, processes, and best practices for all platforms, including emerging trends and technologies, and communicate this knowledge clearly and concisely to both agency and clients
- Create social programming plans and research audits including (and not limited to) content strategy plans, competitive analyses and social audits
- Review all social content and copy to make sure it is on brand and on strategy
- Create social media program status reports detailing key insights, popular content topics, community quotes (verbatim) and monitoring results; work with analytics team and oversee the preparation of metrics and activity reports as based on client reporting needs
- Help identify authentic opportunities for influencer content and campaigns
- Understand social listening services and basic research techniques and use them to support development/execution of pitch decks, social strategy/content, and reports
- Stay curious and up to date with the latest cultural trends, social tactics, platform changes, and industry news
- 5–8 years social marketing experience with excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Deep understanding of interactive and social environment with a desire to stay abreast of the industry’s newest trends
- Expert knowledge around paid social media, key platforms, and influencer engagement
- Strong understanding of the trends shaping consumer behavior today and in the future
- Ability to work under deadlines and stay focused simultaneously on the big picture and the smallest details
- Strong organizational abilities, including time and resource management
- Open to travel as necessary
SOUND LIKE YOU? EMAIL CAREERS@GIANTSPOON.COM