SENIOR SOCIAL STRATEGIST
Giant Spoon is looking for a Senior Social Strategist to advise our clients on overall social approach and behavior while also developing and executing innovative and engaging content and social campaigns.
For us at Giant Spoon, social is not just another channel or distribution platform, but a place where brands breakthrough in culture. We are audience first, content second. Using a mix of culture and audience insights, our content is designed to create conversation and allow people to connect with one another. We create, learn, and iterate. No platform, strategy, tactic, or format is off limits as long as we're capturing attention, generating conversation and providing value.
We are looking for individuals with a creative and entrepreneurial drive, and are excited to work in a fast-paced environment while thinking quickly on their feet. Qualified candidates will be able to effectively translate marketing objectives into strategic social campaigns and content. While working within the social media disciple, candidates must also display an aptitude for the entire marketing ecosystem (e.g. brand planning, media planning, creative, etc.). Responsibilities include the translation of marketing briefs, insights, and strategies into innovative digital, social and interactive solutions.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion and aptitude for creating visually-stunning and engaging social content, especially on Instagram and Snapchat. The role requires an insatiable curiosity for new technology, emerging platforms, pop culture and everything in between. You should have a good track record of developing and executing on social media marketing strategies, excitement for the expanding possibilities of social platforms, the ability to inspire others, work well in fast-paced environments, and possess strong organizational skills.
This person will be a key leader within our Social team working with a gaming client, but with the ability to work on other accounts in verticals like entertainment and tech. This person will report to the VP of Social Media with heavy day-to-day interaction and accountability to Creative, Account, and Production team leads. The person will be responsible for developing and executing social content and campaigns for current and prospective accounts.
- Create social content across all channels, with an emphasis on Instagram, that meets our client’s needs and builds fans and followers
- Define key performance indicators, analytics and reporting methods on each campaign and piece of creative
- Provide day-to-day supervision and execution of client campaigns including (and not limited to) social strategy, content ideation, content production publishing and reporting across all channels
- Work with broader team to identify ways to integrate social insights and technology into business strategies and campaigns
- Collaborate with creative and strategy team members during brainstorms to ensure social content is on strategy and within Giant Spoon’s best practices
- Have a solid understanding of client objectives and establish client-specific KPIs for content, engagement, and campaigns across all major social platforms
- Work closely with social media team to create editorial calendars, content, reports, and campaigns that are on-strategy, on-time, and on-target
- Recommend tent pole cultural moments for brands to engage in
- Help identify authentic opportunities for influencer content and campaigns
- Stay up-to-date on social media tools, platforms and industry trends
- Impart digital and social industry learnings and experiences to our team and clients
- Understand social listening services and basic research techniques and use them to support development/execution of pitch decks, social strategy/content and reports
- Stay curious and up to date with the latest cultural trends, social tactics, platform changes, and industry news
- 5-8 years social marketing experience with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Must be immersed in pop culture (music, movies, tv)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Lightroom, Premier, etc), Keynote, Google Drive, and Dropbox.
- Passion, energy, and enthusiasm for producing social media content and a deep and thorough understanding and expertise of Instagram and Snapchat.
- Knowledge around paid social media, key platforms and influencer marketing
- Strong understanding of consumer behavior
- Ability to work under deadlines and stay focused simultaneously on the big picture and smallest details
- Strong organizational abilities, including time and resource management
- Open to travel as necessary
SOUND LIKE YOU? EMAIL CAREERS@GIANTSPOON.COM.