SENIOR STRATEGIST, MEDIA
Giant Spoon is looking for a Senior Media Strategist that can demonstrate and lead strategic and creative planning skills through data and cultural driven insights for our clients. We are looking for a client-facing, articulate leader who possesses the fundamentals of integrated media.
At Giant Spoon, we don’t issue RFPs. We encourage our clients to prioritize impact over impressions, and to reimagine what “media” means in a mobile-first video-dominated world. We believe that media partnerships - true partnerships and not just transactions - are both effective for brands and more interesting for consumers than the one-way legacy approach.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about the details. Qualified candidates take pleasure in getting to “do it all” at Giant Spoon, supporting on projects that blur the lines between media, strategy, intelligence and creative. Candidates are exposed to the best of both worlds, a double-major of sorts: they dream up phenomenally creative ideas, but also gain foundational experience in how the world of media operates. They should be prepared to get their hands dirty in all stages of the process, acting as a utility player to provide support to the broader team.
The Ideal candidate is constantly looking for ways to make operations more efficient, opportunities to improve the model or framework they are working with. Someone that will network with partners far and wide, from corporations to startups. We want go-getters. We want candidates with high expectations for themselves, hungry for the next opportunity to learn and grow.
- Lead management of media programs including but not limited to video (TV, OTT, streaming and social video) strategy and distribution, emerging media (VR, bots), content partnerships and more
- Start to own client relationships, while cultivating a strong workflow and management style
- Pulse on industry trends and cultural application in video and media, curious about what’s next
- Expertise in using media planning, reporting and management tools such as Nielsen, Strata, Google Analytics, Omniture, Sizmek, eMarketer for application/analysis
- Frame tactical media plans in Keynote/Powerpoint, translating thinking from brainstorms and agency meetings into client-ready presentations
- Lead strategic conversations with media partners of all types, maintain relationships with key publishers to ensure our clients gain access to first look opportunities
- Monitor trends, tools, opportunities and applications in paid media environments and appropriately apply that knowledge
- Develop and present media specific documents including publisher briefings, media plans, media program presentations - articulating objectives, strategies and partnership details
- Effective in hitting deadlines and finding ways to streamline process - task-mastering is a must!
- Report on campaign performance with the ability to distill and curate insights and findings
- 4+ years in integrated media planning with strong expertise in TV/video strategy and buying
- Expert use of media planning and buying tools (Nielsen, BrandOcean, etc.)
- Ability to own and articulate strategy, rationale and ideas
- Experience in presenting and owning conversations with clients both directly and as part of an inter-agency environment
- Exposure to/participation in industry events including CES, SXSW, Cannes, etc.
- Track record of applying cultural trends and new media opportunities to client business
- Resourceful, proactive and buttoned-up management skills; comfortable with delegation
- Experience identifying new media opportunities and turning it into first-mover opportunities
- Digitally connected, passionate about technology and innovation with an insatiable curiosity for how it applies to our industry
- People person, vocal in opinion, articulate with rationale, resourceful and action oriented
- Love never-done-before challenges, shifting deadlines and wearing multiple hats
- Drive to breakthrough industry norms and eye for award-winning opportunities
- Open to travel as necessary
SOUND LIKE YOU? EMAIL CAREERS@GIANTSPOON.COM