Giant Spoon is looking for a Senior Strategist who is able to deliver key insights to ultimately drive a strategic campaign direction for our clients, and build on established client relationships.
At Giant Spoon, each project is led by audience insights and strategy. We focus on the inner dynamics of an audience’s culture, because we believe that only then can brands break through category conventions in a way that is meaningful to our audiences. From the enlightening high-culture of Ira Glass to the cringe-worthy pop culture of Chris Harrison, our cultural immersion has no limit. In the same breath, we also believe that strategy should serve execution. If we cannot articulate how a strategy will come to life, it is likely not the best strategy.
We are looking for individuals with a creative and entrepreneurial drive, and are excited to work in a fast-paced environment while thinking quickly on their feet. Qualified candidates will be able to effectively assist on multiple projects at a time. This person will also be responsible for not only translating audience insights and marketing objectives into campaign strategies, but will also be tasked with proficiently working on campaigns throughout all phases of a project—from consumer understanding and strategic planning to idea development and execution.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong appetite for information whether about a subculture of people, new technology, emerging platforms, social content, pop culture or everything in between. They should demonstrate a strong ability to observe and interpret information in order to uncover and clearly communicate actionable insights that create value for our clients.
- Manage day-to-day client needs and communication
- Develop brand briefs to inspire idea-centric strategies
- Aid in the development of breakthrough ideas designed to create measurable buzz and awareness
- Collaborate with team members during various phases of a project
- Work with account lead and brand manager to define and meet client expectations for project deliverables
- Help create and present intelligence reports in audiences and trends reports
- Stay curious and up-to-date with the latest cultural trends, strategy tactics and industry news
- Go above and beyond simply making recommendations. The candidate’s duties will be taken to the next level to play an active role in the implementation and management of our idea-centric strategy
- Proactively bring forward media and partnership opportunities to take advantage of new technologies, launches, pop culture and current events in real-time
- 4-6 years in brand strategy/account planning with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Experience working on large brands, experiential programs and content creation is preferred
- Experience and interest in both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Strong understanding of the trends shaping consumer behavior today and in the future
- Ability to work under deadlines and stay focused simultaneously on the big picture and smallest details
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and project management skills
- Digitally connected, passionate about technology and innovation with an insatiable curiosity for how it applies to our industry
- Acute attention to detail
- Open to travel as necessary
SOUND LIKE YOU? EMAIL CAREERS@GIANTSPOON.COM