Giant Spoon is looking for a Staff Accountant who will be responsible for assisting the team achieve weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial goals. Given the speed at which the agency moves, this candidate will serve as a point person across various internal stakeholders and partners. The ideal candidate must be able to multitask, think clearly on their feet and articulate key financial metrics to team members.
- Organize and prioritize client invoice processing while tracking purchase orders
- Assist the team with monthly reports and accruals
- Enter vendor invoices with proper General Ledger coding and payment terms
- Assist in banking matters, researching bank reconciliation items, and preparing journal entries
- Meet with client team leads to review jobs and related activity
- Review and report on client expenses, and conduct reconciliations
- Maintain files for the department
- Partner with client teams to review various financial and billing tasks
- Provide analytical and financial support to team
- Maintain balance sheet account information for roll-forwards
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or similar discipline
- 3-5 years experience in a finance or accounting role. Previous advertising experience preferred.
- Strong organizational abilities, including time and resource management
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of US GAAP
- Acute attention to detail
SOUND LIKE YOU? EMAIL CAREERS@GIANTSPOON.COM.